Ecumenical Evening Prayer Service to mark the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity in Peterborough. Opening celebration, City-Wide Ecumenical Worship Service on Sunday, January 18, 4:00 p.m. at All Saints Anglican Church, 235 Rubidge Street. The theme for 2015 is: Jesus said to her: “Give me a drink.” (John 4:7). The encounter between Jesus and the Samaritan woman invites us to try water from a different well and also to offer a little water of our own. Bishop Linda Nicholls of the Anglican Diocese of Toronto will officiate the ecumenical service and Bishop William McGrattan of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Peterborough will be the homilist. The Week of Prayer for Christian Unity is a privileged moment for prayer, encounter and dialogue. It is an opportunity to recognize the richness and value present in the other, and to ask God for the gift of unity.
Download your own copy by clicking here.
Adobe Reader required
The Most Reverend William T. McGrattan, Bishop of Peterborough, announces the following pastoral appointments effective September 1st, 2014 unless otherwise noted.
- Fr. Damian Smullen — presently Pastor of St. Aloysius (Fenelon Falls) and Our Lady Queen of Peace (Bobcaygeon) is appointed as Pastor of St. Anne’s Parish (Peterborough).
- Fr. Bill Moloney — presently Pastor of St. Anne’s Parish (Peterborough) is appointed Pastor of Immaculate Conception Parish (Peterborough).
- Fr. Collins Okafor, SMMM — presently Associate Pastor of St. Therese Parish (Courtice) is appointed Administrator of St. Aloysius (Fenelon Falls) and Our Lady Queen of Peace (Bobcaygeon).
- Fr. Stan Witczak — presently Associate Pastor at St. Joseph’s Parish (Bowmanville) is appointed Associate Pastor of Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish, Lindsay. *August 2014
- Fr. Stanley Anozie, SMMM — recently Associate Pastor at the Cathedral of St. Peter-in-Chains (Peterborough) is appointed Associate Pastor of St. Joseph Parish (Bowmanville). *August 2014
- Fr. Theodore Nnorom, SMMM — recently Associate Pastor of Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish (Lindsay) is appointed Associate Pastor of St. Therese Parish (Courtice). *August 2014
- Fr. John Perdue – Associate Pastor of the Cathedral of St. Peter-in-Chains (Peterborough). *July 1, 2014
OFM Conventuals Polish Friars
The OFM Conventuals Polish Friars, presently serving at Immaculate Conception, will be leaving the Diocese the end of August. Bishop McGrattan wishes to express his gratitude for the many years of service that the Polish Friars Minor Conventual have given to the Diocese of Peterborough, especially to the Polish laity. May the dedication of your priests and brothers continue to bear fruit in the years to come, and may they be rewarded for their dedicated service to the Church as consecrated religious.
It is with sadness that the Diocese of Peterborough announces that our brother and fellow priest, Monsignor Gerard Francis Sullivan, passed on from this life on July 7, 2014, at the age of 92.
Monsignor Sullivan was ordained priest on May 31, 1947 at the Cathedral of St. Peter-in-Chains and served as Associate Pastor at Sacred Heart Parish, Peterborough and St. Joseph’s Bracebridge, and was Pastor at St. Jerome’s Warkworth, St. Alphonsus Wooler, Holy Family Britt, St. Mary’s Lindsay, St. Joseph’s Bracebridge and retired to St. Joseph’s Douro.
The body of Msgr. Sullivan will be received at the Cathedral Church of St. Peter-in-Chains on Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 3PM and will lie in repose until 9PM.
The Mass of Christian Burial for Msgr. Sullivan will take place on Friday, July 11, 2014 at 10AM,
with His Excellency, the Most Reverend William McGrattan presiding.
Click on the image above to view the Installation of Bishop McGrattan
The 2nd annual Family Life Conference was amazing this year. Thanks much to the many volunteers who helped make it run so smoothly. Thanks also to Bishop McGrattan, who celebrated the Mass.
Here are some pictures, click for larger ones:
The Diocese of Peterborough is pleased to announce these upcoming ordinations:
Eric Mason will be ordained to the Transitional Diaconate on Sunday, May 25, 2014 at 10AM at St. Paul the Apostle Parish in Lakefield.
Rev. Mr. John Perdue will be ordained to the Priesthood on Friday, May 30, 2014 at 7PM at the Cathedral Church of St. Peter-in-Chains in Peterborough.
All are welcome to join in these important celebrations in the life of the Diocese.
Visit one of the churches in our diocese to get a copy, or click here to download one!